So I celebrated my 22nd birthday on the 21st of December and all these lessons came full circle:
1. Cursing won’t make you feel better when you can’t hit someone.
2. People will always put their wants before yours. So can you imagine their needs?
3. It’s ok to walk away.
4. Don’t stop loving no matter how hard it gets.
5. Own your faults. Me? I suck at listening. I despise noise. I have a very low tolerance for nonsense. How dare we decide who/what is stupid?
6. Do you. All day, everyday. YOLO is no joke. I ain’t so sure about reincarnation. So just in case, live authentic.
7. Be very patient with yourself but don’t expect anyone else to be.
8. Don’t expect anyone to do or be anything. That’s the recipe for heartbreak.
9. If you want to live on the edge, you will have to do it solo.
10. Everyone is really just trying to be happy. Give people a break.
11. Always and I mean always follow your guts. It’s right.
12. There is a 99% chance that your mom was right about your attitude.
13. Hate no one, no matter how much they hurt you. It’s not worth it.
14. Just when you think it can’t possibly get worst. It will.
15. Find peace in the fact that – “It will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.” – Unknown
16. Listen. Listen. And then listen some more. Shut your mouth.
17. People know the answers to their problems. They don’t need you to point it out.
18. Do whatever makes you happy.
19. Those who care will worry. Those who are all up in your kool aid are probably just jealous.
20. Watch people. Their actions speak volume.
21. Face your fears and focus.
22. Spend as much time as you can alone. Especially before you start a family.
I found happiness simply in gratitude. Be content in all things.
Goals for 22:
3. Go alone
4. Love harder
5. Dance more
Here are some pictures from my day touring the parish of Portland, Jamaica and then dinner in Kingston. I had a blast with my day one chicas!
“Eat with who you starved with” -Unknown