So my birthday is coming up on the winter solstice and as is typical for me; I am introspecting a lot these days. I am very pensive about my big life goals:
1. Earn my PhD by age 30
2. Own multiple successful businesses
3. Retire on my ranch by age 40
4. Be an integral part of the socioeconomic development of my hometown of Bath, St. Thomas, Jamaica.
Yeah, I know. Audacious.
I have been very focused these last 4 months on magnifying my better habits and minimizing and eliminating my poorer habits. I use the word poorer very consciously here because these are habits of poor people. Poor people have poor habits. Or at least, I think so. I am so happy and grateful that we get to choose who we are and who we are gonna be every single day through conscious and intentional actions.
On July 16, 2020 I decided against “living it up” the drinking, partying, smoking life. I said goodbye to it.
Today, November 30, 2020, I’m saying goodbye to these poor habits ;
1. Spending on credit more than I have in debit.
2. Stockpiling food. – I buy way more food than I need all the time. I know this habit is because of food insecurity in my earlier years and I am accepting that that is no longer my reality and I won’t “run out of” food. I have more than enough food.
You have more than enough food Imani.
3. Saving last. I’ve been spending first and saving what’s left for the past month and I don’t like it. For 2 months this past summer and beginning of Fall I saved and invested first then spent after. I spent very little those two months and I felt so happy with my financial position and goals. Then big life changes happened and I struggled to find my balance again.
So cheers to gifting myself wealthier habits this Birthday 🥳 and Christmas 🎄😃😇
#babysteps #faithit #growth #growthmindset #goaldigger #success #wealth #goals #birthday #christmas